Managing Romantic Relationships With a Jehovah’s Witness
The two sides of Jehovah's Witness Relationships
Most individuals do not realize that when they become romantically involved with one of Jehovah’s Witnesses they are in for a world of difficult challenges. This is especially true if their love interest is disfellowshipped and has not yet made it known to their significant other.
There are many issues that an individual can find themselves in when it comes to dating or marrying a Jehovah's Witness.
- Disfellowshipped - still believe the religion is the truth and they are contemplating returning to the group by getting reinstated.
- Raised in the religion and left prior to getting baptized but is deciding to return and get baptized.
- Married to an individual but is unaware of their affiliation to the religion and they are trying to get them interested in joining.
- Married to an individual that has never been affiliated with Jehovah's Witnesses and discover that their ex recently joins the group and are now indoctrinating their children in the religion and turning them against the non-practicing JW parent.
- Dating a Jehovah's Witness that never told them about their affiliation with the group and are not threatening to end the relationship if you are not interesting in joining.